Of the Kioi slope is strange
|Of the Kioi slope is strange|
|Place||Tokyo prefecture Kojimachi ward Kojimachi Kioicho Shimizudani|
|Target||Toshimichi Okubo Secretary of the Interior|
|Date||It is May 14 (1878) for 1,878 years|
|The offense number of people||Six people|
|The dead||Toshimichi Okubo |
|Criminal||Ichiro Shimada |
Muraji Osa Australia
Sugimoto second chrysanthemum
Takumi Wakita one
|Person of participation||Hidehiko Matsuda|
The case that Secretary of the Interior Toshimichi Okubo was assassinated (1878) in Tokyo prefecture Kojimachi ward Kojimachi Kioicho Shimizudani (current Shimizudani, Kioicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo) in strange (きおいざかのへん) of the Kioi slope on May 14 in 1878 by six complaint family with samurai antecedents. I say "Kioi slope case" "Toshimichi Okubo assassination case" .
Table of contents
Trend of the assassination criminal
Consisting of six of Bunichi Sugimura best among Ishikawa family with samurai antecedents Ichiro Shimada, Muraji Osa Australia as for the practice criminal Sugimoto second chrysanthemum, Takumi Wakita and Toshiatsu Asai of the Shimane family with samurai antecedents (Wakita left the family with samurai antecedents for fear of a crime extending to the house on assassinating you, and became a commoner). It is Ichiro Shimada to be particularly central existence in that. Shimada participates in the first Choshu conquest, Boshin War as a common soldier of the Kaga feudal clan and walked the career as the officer after the Meiji Restoration, but will be engaged earnestly in the national affairs since I sympathize with 征韓論 and fire up in Takamori Saigou having gone out of power by a political change in 1873.
The Sugimura Kansho era (older brother of Bunichi Sugimura) and others are 征韓論, too and show a war wish. Furthermore, Sugimura, the head appears in request for service in a war in the dispatch of troops in Taiwan again, and (Kyuko Kuga) still links the name land justice to draft a written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor to a written petition criticizing the processing of the opposite written petition for the rumor of the Taiwan dispatch of troops cancellation and the revolt of Saga in Sugimura (寛), Shimada, the back. However, these written petitions do not produce the effect that they expected, and the Shimada and others will adopt a use of force route. The head meets Shimada in Tokyo in (1874) in 1874 and is congenial spirits.
The head enters Sugimura (寛), land and Kagoshima to hear Nishigo, an opinion of Toshiaki Kirino about the dispatch of troops in Taiwan (1874) in June in 1874. The head stays in Kagoshima for half a year and studies in the private school. The head enters Kagoshima in (1876) in 1876 and renews my old friendship with Kirino and others.
Revolt of kamikaze, revolt of Akizuki, the revolt of the bush clover and family with samurai antecedents revolts occur successively in October when the head came back and Shimada is engaged earnestly in a plan to raise an army in Kanazawa, but fails. Furthermore, I was engaged earnestly in a plan that the head cooperated with Shimada by the Southwestern Rebellion of (1877) in 1877, the following day and raised an army, but while I had a hard time for neighboring persuasion, I got information that government troop entered a fortress in Kumamoto-jo Castle in April and canceled a plan when I determined the victory or defeat.
The Shimada and others change the policy to the official assassination after this. The Sugimoto, Wakita, Sugimura and others join a plan of Shimada at this time, too. As for Wakita, as for the head, as for Sugimura, Shimada, Sugimoto go to Tokyo in April in the next year in December in November in October. It was a policeman of the Metropolitan Police Department, and Asai who was the only Shimane person belonged to the police superintendent corps at the time of the Southwestern Rebellion and went to the front and returned in triumph to Tokyo (1877) in August in 1877, but I violated a ban and was dismissed from my office (1878) in February in 1878, and I knew the assassination plot of Shimada and others in March, and a plan increased it.
Their assassination plot entered the ear of large police superintendent Toshiyoshi Kawaji who was the top of the police at the time via plural routes, but Kawamichi did not have anything to do with "what is it possible for to an Ishikawa person?" ; [explanatory note 1].
Written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor
The written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor which Shimada and others brought at the time of Okubo assassination was asked for in the end of April by Shimada, and the land drafted it. A crime of the bureaucratic despotism includes the following 5 punishments there.
- The Diet does not establish the constitution, too either and suppresses human rights.
- Morning law lack of principle of laws and ordinances is intense, and personal considerations, a connection is used for the appointment of the public employee again.
- By unnecessary engineering works business, a building, I waste public funds.
- I expelled the patriot who thought of a country and caused an internal disturbance.
- I diminish national prestige without accomplishing the treaty revision with the foreign country.
Day of the assassination
On the early morning of May 14, Okubo receives greetings of the homecoming of Fukushima prefectural government order Morinori Yamayoshi. When near two hours and Yamakichi were going to leave, Okubo gives the story about a plan for 30 years. This divided 30 years into three sittings every ten years from 1868 and spoke an ambition when oneself wanted to flow into it by power to the second as time of 守成 by the successor in last ten years at time of the internal politics rearranging, promotion of industry in next ten years at the time when I spent first ten years on the military affairs such as Boshin War or the family with samurai antecedents revolt as time of the establishment of a business.
At about 8:00 a.m., Okubo left the own residence of Machiura Kasumigaseki for Kojimachi ward three years. I go to the Akasaka temporary Imperial Palace by 2 頭立 ての carriages to have an audience with the Emperor Meiji. At about 8:30 a.m., six assassination criminals attacked a carriage to get into of Okubo in Kioicho Shimizudani (the neighborhood of Kioi slope.in front of Representative current House of Councilors Shimizudani lodgings). After having cut the foot of the horse in a Japanese sword, I stab Taro Nakamura of the driver to death. Then, I dragged Okubo whom I took from a carriage and took it down. I thundered against you with "a rude fellow", but Okubo was killed by Shimada and others (age at death 49< calendar year 〉, 47 years old death). The sword which let an assistant stick it into a neck reached the ground. According to "贈右大臣正二位大久保利通葬送略記, Inui" Okubo to a whole body of 16 places was hurt. The half of those concentrated on the head. I express it saying I rush just after a case, and "meat flies, and cranial again, I am split, and bone breaking against still sees slight shock するを of the brain" as for Hisoka Maejima to see a corpse.
The Shimada and others threw away a sword and turned myself in to the police in a hand in a written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor which raised crime five thing of Okubo and crime of other high government official (Takayoshi Kido, Tomomi Iwakura, Shigenobu Okuma, Hirobumi Ito, Kiyotaka Kuroda, Toshiyoshi Kawaji) on the same day.
I influence it after a case and it
The original second place Minister of the Right was performed 追贈 of on May 15 by Okubo, and a memorial service type of Okubo and Nakamura of the driver was performed, and neither funeral service was performed on 17th. As for the funeral service of Okubo, nearly 1,200 people who met in the Okubo's house, expense became the first state funeral grade funeral service in modern Japanese history of more than 4,500 yen.
The investigation of the police was exceedingly thorough, and 30 people including the Ishikawa person that only sent the letter which appealed for shouting for joy to hear a person ( that, however, I was ignored by each paper and was not placed, and "the Asano newspaper" introduced the point briefly was ordered a foldup on the same day), the case that were asked by land and Shimada who drafted a written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor, and contributed a written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor to each newspaper publisher to the hometown were arrested.
The government handled an assassination conviction as "a state criminal" without a rule in the criminal law and I established "a temporary court" in the Supreme Court and tried you. In the temporary court, the form top existed in Supreme Court, but, actually, I established it by the approval of the emperor's reign official and was a virtual administration court to hand down a decision on based on authority entrusted the Department of Justice with by an emperor's reign official. The 玉乃世履判事 and others appointed by Lord judiciary made judgment plan on July 5, the same year and conferred with the Department of Justice and, in the Department of Justice, they received this and submitted a letter of inquiry to an emperor's reign official on July 17. The emperor's reign official approved it on July 25, and judgment was announced to six people on July 27 and, on the same day, became the beheading. The land which drafted a written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor was sentenced to life imprisonment punishment, but I received an amnesty, and I was released in (1889) for 1,889 years by the Great Japanese Imperial Constitution promulgation.
|Miscellaneous contents are enumerated by this gnarl. It is necessary to be eliminated rearranging whether you incorporate the gnarl which only enumerated matters by items as the text. (March, 2016)|
- There was pointing it out that Okubo made public money the manure of materials to a written statement of reasons for slaying a traitor, but I performed the public works project that was necessary for the politician who, actually, was pure for the money in materials by wrong recognition and did it. Therefore a debt of 8,000 yen was left posthumously [explanatory note 2]. However, the government collected 8,000 yen that Okubo contributed to the Kagoshima prefectural office as school costs after discussion during the lifetime from consideration to be unbearable, and it gathered donations of 8,000 yen more as it is that the bereaved of Okubo who was the best three of the revolution lost the roadside and decided to feed the bereaved for this 16,000 yen.
- The shock of this case is talked about to the diary of the celebrity including "the Kanzou Uchimura diary" which Kanzou Uchimura wrote it down.
- Goro Shiba who is an officer from Aizu feudal clan was still 18 years old in those days, but, to hear unnatural death of Okubo, "never writes two great rivals unnatural death with by 遂 げたるを proper conclusion with unnatural death of Takamori Saigou in total with joy べり" [explanatory note 3].
- Okubo was seen with cold eyes according to the said article from the hometown by having antagonized Satsuma, Kagoshima and Takamori Saigou of the hometown by the Southwestern Rebellion, and the cinerarium to the hometown was avoided until late years. Therefore Okubo is buried in the Aoyama Cemetery of Minato-ku, Tokyo. In addition, the rumor that Okubo chased by an assassin cried like a child, and ran around stood, and many people believed it as the thing which looked down on an image of Okubo that was serious and austere in the hometown. This has the indication that included the impression operation by the Choshu group.
- Okubo carried the bag which I put the letter which was sent to a family in a secret by Saigo during the lifetime in and put two letters from Nishigo in a breast when I was assassinated. In addition, that Iwao Oyama possessed it which became blood-stained after a case .
- The bereaved dedicate the carriage which Okubo got into at the time of assassination to 五流尊瀧院 of Kurashiki-shi, Okayama for a memorial service later and exist.
- Hisoka Maejima hears the nightmare "that what quarrel with Saigo, and I am chased by Saigo, and fell from a high cliff, and one's brain breaks, and jiggles was seen with an ant ant" from Okubo several days before a case. This leads to the impression just after the case.
- Hidehiko Matsuda (Shimane family with samurai antecedents from Tottori) who participated in an assassination plot is involved after a case and serves the sentence and becomes famous as a martial artist of the Japan Takenori society after release from prison.
- Tomonosuke Takashima talks about similar thing again, but ^ testifies as the evidence saying "I swat a notebook when Kawamichi flies to the spot (just after a case) and I give a notebook and point at a person's name and must be these six acts and spilled tears" . In addition, on the funeral next day of Okubo, I give "a desire to resign belonging to Okubo Councilor incident ニ" (natural as peace and order person in charge), and Kawamichi is rejected.
- The creditor who demanded the return of the left debt from the bereaved did not only have ^.
- In the case of Aizu War, ^ 柴 loses a grandmother, mother, a sister-in-law, sisters at a time.
- ^ Toshimichi Okubo assassination case
- 77 pages of ^ Hiroki Toya "Toshimichi assassination" mendicant priest company
- 186 pages of ^ Katsu Sasaki supervision "Toshimichi Okubo" Kodansha arts and sciences libraries (collection of statements about Okubo placed in Hochi Shimbun from 1910 through 1911)
- ^ "斬姦状 May 15, 1878 Asano newspaper "newspaper collection Meiji annals.第三卷" of Ichiro Shimada" (National Diet Library modern digital library)
- Than ^ Isabella bird "Japan traveler's diary."
- ^ "Tokyo date newspaper" May 27, 1878 date
- Random thought "is strange of the Kioi slope"; をめぐって
- Grave of the person of strange death from penalty of the Kioi slope
This article is taken from the Japanese Wikipedia Of the Kioi slope is strange
This article is distributed by cc-by-sa or GFDL license in accordance with the provisions of Wikipedia.
In addition, Tranpedia is simply not responsible for any show is only by translating the writings of foreign licenses that are compatible with CC-BY-SA license information.