|The start of work||1942January 3 |
|The launching||1942November 30|
|Placement on duty||1943February 12 |
|Military retirement||January, 1947  |
|Removal from a register||1971February 20|
|Afterwards||I lend it to the Marine Self Defense Force on August 15, 1955  |
It sinks as target ship in 1973
|Displacement||1,525 tons (the water)  |
2,424 tons (in the water) 
|Full length||307 ft (93.6m) (the draft head) |
311 ft 9 in (95.02m) (full length) 
|Overall width||27.3 ft (8.31m) |
|Draft||17.0 ft (5.2m) (maximum) |
|Engine||Four Ho Venn = Owens = Lent sura (H.O.R.) diesel engines  |
(after replacement) Four General Motors 278A16 cylinder 6,500HP diesel engines
Two General Electric 2,740HP generators 
|最大速||The water: 21 knots (39km/h)  |
The water: 9 knots (17km/h) 
|Flying range||11,000 nautical miles (10 knots time) |
(at 19km/h time 20,000km) 
|Examination depth||300 ft (90m) |
|Cruise period||For submarine voyage 2 knots (3.7km/h) time 48 hours patrol activity 75 days |
|Crew||(time of peace) Six officers, strength of an army 54 |
|兵装||(at the time of the completion) One 3 inches gun, 20 millimeters of machine guns two  |
(February, 1944) one 4 inches gun, 20 millimeters of machine guns two, 50-caliber of machine guns, 30-caliber of machine guns 
Ten 21 inches of torpedo tubes
The mingo (USS Mingo, SS-261) is a submarine of U.S. Navy. One ship of the gateau grade submarine. The name of a warship is associated with popular name ミンゴ snapper of ベニフエダイ (vermillion snapper) belonging to mutton snapper department inhabiting the Caribbean Sea.
Table of contents
The mingo starts work in electric boat company of Connecticut Groton on March 21, 1942. I am launched by the Henry L pence wife on November 30, 1942 and am placed on duty on conduct lower February 12, 1943 of the Major captain Ralph C Lynch youth (Annapolis 1929 tuple). The mingo sails after a stroke of a rowing crew for Rhode Island Newport off Long Island on April 1 and begins 3-week strategy activity in a mine station. It left New London on May 16, and the mingo faced the Pacific via Panama Canal Zone and engaged in training in Pearl Harbor.
It is first and it for second patrol from June, 1943 to February, 1944
On June 25, the mingo faced the Palauan area by the first patrol. The mingo discovers the transportation fleet consisting of four carriers at a point of 142.983 in an evening on July 12 . I fire three torpedoes for two carriers, and it is judged that four torpedoes hit 6,000 tons grade carrier and overthrew it . I discovered a tanker in way/ones/ in the Palauan sea near the shore alone at a point of 134.450 on July 26 after the arrival and fired four torpedoes, but this did not hit it, too . The mingo surfaced off ソロール island () in an evening on August 1 and fired approximately 70 by 3 inches of cannonballs for a transmission tower . Ate the counterattack of the 31st patrol, and dispersed without the mingo discovering the オ 003 fleet which a 31st patrol guarded at a point of 133.250 in the morning on August 6, and hitting it though fired four torpedoes ; . On August 21, the mingo finishes a 41-day action and wants to do 帰投 in Pearl Harbor .
On September 29, the mingo faced Marshall Islands, Caroline Islands and the Mariana Islands area by the second patrol. I spy upon Eniwetok on October 8 and confirm that there is not vessels in an atoll in a living-in-night . I discover a carrier and four "new destroyers" after reconnaissance at a point of 151.383 on , the afternoon of October 16 and fire コスラエ and Pompeii Island torpedo six of them . I received a depth bomb attack from the direct next, and the number counted 21 . About the carrier of the aim, it was estimated that it would be a Kaga grade carrier, and it was judged that two of them hit it . The real partner was 空母冲鷹, and there was not the damage in particular . It is the プンナップ island sea near the shore of 149.183 on October 20 and discovers the transportation fleet consisting of 10,000 tons grade tanker and 2,000 tons grade carrier or tankers and chases it . However, it was fired at an escort ship twice in the place where night began and was not able to attack it . I patrolled in Saipan and the Guam sea near the shore from October 25 to November 6 . On November 20, the mingo finishes a 53-day action; and is 帰投 in Pearl Harbor. I would replace the mingo which was a pertinence warship by order of the General the United States fleet commander in chief that "one warship mounted with H.O.R. engine was not left and replaced an engine for a short time" and Chief of Naval Operations Ernest King, and it was done a cruise by the メア island navy shipyard and replaced it with product made in GM Corporation 278A16 cylinder engine . After replacement, I came back to Pearl Harbor on February 3, 1944. The captain took place of Major Joseph J studio Lee (Annapolis 1934 tuple) the other day.
The third, the fourth patrol from February, 1944 to July
On February 26, the mingo faced the South China Sea by the third patrol . On the night of March 22, the mingo detects nine aims consisting of five carriers and four escort ships by a radar at a point of 114.750 and fires six torpedoes . I heard six explosions before long and saw the flash of light more, too . However, I did not perform the military gains confirmation because there was the sign that an escort ship reversed . When the mingo finishes patrol in the South China Sea, via Bismarck Islands sea area, I call at a port of the Gulf of Milne of New Guinea on May 4 . On May 9, the mingo finishes a 73-day action and wants to do 帰投 in Brisbane . It was made a cruise in the Manu's island of the advanced base and engaged in training after arrival afterwards on June 10 .
On June 19, the mingo faced the Celebes Sea and the South China Sea by the fourth patrol . On the early morning of July 7, the mingo discovered specially installed transport warship Asahi east circle (Iino Kaiun, 10,051 tons) that left for Manila and light cruiser northing of the guards, destroyer ball wave and Fujinami in Singapore on the Luzon offing Manila heads of a bay west of 117.950 ; . Even the person of the fleet sensed existence of the mingo and sent a ball wave to the control . The mingo fired four torpedoes for a ball wave, but because it did not hit it, four of them were launched more and let three hit it this time, and a ball wave sink instantly . This patrol had the encounter with the hostile craft ship only three times including Asahi east circle fleet . On July 30, the mingo finishes a 46-day action; and is 帰投 for Freemantle. The captain took place of Major John R Madison (Annapolis 1937 tuple).
I it for fifth, the sixth patrol from August, 1944 to December
On August 27, the mingo faced the Celebes Sea by the fifth patrol. By this patrol, I was as a main duty by protection for the B-24 of the thirteenth air force which bombed Philippines and Borneo Island. On the early morning of September 13, the mingo discovers two minesweepers at a point of 123.850, and I discover mingo, and the minesweeper comes, too . The mingo attracted a minesweeper and fired three torpedoes, but was over as I threatened it . I witness hospital ship Hikawa circle (Nippon Yusen, 11,622 tons) at a point of 117.550 on September 30 . On the afternoon of October 2, the mingo discovered for each one trawler of 350 tons grade and the 250 tons grade, two 150 tons grade trawlers at a point of 117.367 and attacked and sank all it by bombardment . In addition, the mingo saved 16 crew of the B-24 through this patrol, but ten people of them saved all six people who remained in Makassar Strait of the バリクパパン offing using a rubber boat in shore region of Celebes. On October 13, the mingo finished a 46-day action and did 帰投 to Freemantle.
On November 6, the mingo faced the South China Sea by the sixth patrol . On November 19, the mingo discovers one very large crude carrier and two escort ships at a point of 108.233 . When I chased it and night began and accessed the fleet, I shot a tanker and the escort ship with 備砲 and a machine gun back . Successful in letting the mingo arranges the crew for 20 millimeters of machine guns, and an escort ship comprise it, and rejecting the pursuit of the escort ship . On the early morning of November 25, the mingo discovered a sima 05 fleet, and, after a chase, reached it off Borneo Island millimeters of 113.250;, by the way, fired a torpedo, and three hit the starboard of the army carrier まにら circle (Osaka merchant ship, 9,486 tons), and the inflammables which, well, the Chinese chives circle was equipped with were burnt down, and sank ; . Coastal defense ship Kurahashi carried out a depth bomb attack, but missed mingo after all . The mingo fired four torpedoes in a counterattack, too, but did not hit it . It was very suggestive that the ship which named a name of "Manila" from this affair as for honorable death or escaping after a fight of Manila the Japanese military for less than three months sank [explanatory note 1]. It was a point of 109.333 on December 17 and discovered the fifth fleet (Lieutenant General Kiyohide Shima) moving to sun Jack in the Gulf of Cam Ranh and I surfaced after letting a fleet go past and reported fleet discovery . After a report of the mingo, five B-25 bombed Gulf of Cam Ranh, but the fifth fleet did not catch the attack . On December 29, the mingo finished a 52-day action and did 帰投 to Freemantle.
I it for the seventh patrol from February, 1945 to April
On February 6, 1945, the mingo faced the South China Sea by the seventh patrol. However, two crew was kidnapped in a wave after being monkeyed around on February 10 by an intense typhoon, and having born damage in warship health and have been missing in spite of a search . The mingo returned to Freemantle for repair once and supplemented repair and the crew and made a sortie again on February 19 . After the mingo patrolled in the South China Sea and Gulf of Thailand, I call at a port of port of Saipan shelf pug () on April 10 . I departed after refueling on April 11 and turned a course to Pearl Harbor, but went to the Minami Torishima area from April 14 . I gave prayer at news of President Franklin Roosevelt's death for five minutes on the afternoon of April 14 . I went to Pearl Harbor after patrol and reconnaissance again off Minami Torishima until April 17 . On April 25, the mingo finishes a 76-day action; and in Pearl Harbor 帰投 . The mingo faced the メア island navy shipyard and began overhaul. Overhaul was over on August 9 and greeted the end of the war afterwards for the middle when I went to Pearl Harbor .
I it as postwar period, the Kuroshio Current
After having stayed for a short term in Pearl Harbor, the mingo returned to the West Coast. I retire at メア island navy shipyard on January 1, 1947, and Pacific reserve duty fleet enters it afterwards. I was placed on duty again on May 20, 1955, and the mingo was lent to the Marine Self Defense Force based on mutual defense help programs and was changed the name with Kuroshio Current (SS-501). The Kuroshio Current was active as active play until March 31, 1966 and was sunk as target ship afterwards in 1973.
The mingo was presented with five war stars in meritorious services in war of World War II. Five times of 7 degrees patrol of the mingo were recorded as success.
- This ^ one paragraph depends on an English version.
- ^ a b c #SS-261, USS MINGOp.3
- ^ a b c d e #Friedman pp.285-304
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.5
- ^ a b c d e f g #Bauer
- ^ a b c d e f #Friedman pp.305-311
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.17
- ^ #Stern p.16
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.9-10
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.10, pp.24-25
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.14-15, pp.26-27
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.17,30
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.18-19, pp.28-29
- ^ # Kure defensive fight 1808p.3, pp.49-50
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.21
- ^ a b #SS-261, USS MINGOp.44
- ^ a b #SS-261, USS MINGOp.46, pp.61-62
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.46
- ^ "Chapter V: 1943"(English). The Official Chronology of the U.S. Navy in World War II. HyperWar. June 14, 2012 reading.
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.47-48, p.58
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.48
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.49-55
- ^ a b #SS-261, USS MINGOp.74
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.76-77
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.77
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.77-78
- ^ a b #SS-261, USS MINGOp.83
- ^ a b #SS-261, USS MINGOp.105
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.107
- ^ # Asahi east circle 1907p.27
- ^ # Asahi east circle 1907p.10
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.107-108, pp.119-120, pp.122-123
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.112
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.139
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.139-140, pp.169-170
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.145,154
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.146-147, pp.171-172, p.178
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.184
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.186,205
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.186-187
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.187-188
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.189-190, pp.207-208
- ^ a b # Noma pp.448
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.189-190, pp.208-209
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.199,205
- ^ # five warship 1912p.10
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.226
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.226-227
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.242
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOpp.243-244
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.243
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.245
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.246
- ^ #SS-261, USS MINGOp.5
- (issuu) SS-261, USS MINGO. Historic Naval Ships Associatio .
- Asian history document center (formally) (Ministry of Defense National Institute for Defense Studies)
- Ref.C08030368400 "own August 1, 1943 solstice August 31, 1943 Kure defense squadron wartime diary."
- Ref.C08030019900 "own December 1, 1944 solstice December 31, 1944 fifth fleet (second attack by a mobile unit corps) wartime diary."
- Ref.C08030644600 "own June 1, 1944 a solstice June 30, 1944 (Asahi east circle) the wartime diary."
- Ref.C08030644700 "own July 1, 1944 a solstice July 31, 1944 (Asahi east circle) the wartime diary."
- Roscoe, Theodore. United States Submarine Operetions in World War II. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute press. ISBN 0-87021-731-3.
- In association of sea labor (編) "the recreation Japan merchant fleet wartime history of accident" sea labor association / Nariyama temple bookstore Foundation Foundation, 2007 (original work 1962). ISBN 978-4-425-30336-6。
- National Institute for Defense Studies history of a war room "Operation history of a war library 62 central part Pacific area navy (2) after June, 1942" morning cloud newspaper publisher, 1973.
- Blair,Jr, Clay (1975). Silent Victory The U.S.Submarine War Against Japan. Philadelphia and New York: J. B. Lippincott Company. ISBN 0-397-00753-1.
- Shigero Kimata "Japan carrier history of a war" book publishing company, 1977.
- Shigero Kimata "Japan mine history of a war" book publishing company, 1986.
- Bauer, K. Jack; Roberts, Stephen S. (1991). Register of Ships of the U.S. It is Major Combatants. Navy, 1775-1990 Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press. pp. 271-273. ISBN 0-313-26202-0.
- Friedman, Norman (1995). U.S. It is An Illustrated Design History. Submarines Through 1945 Annapolis, Maryland: United States Naval Institute. ISBN 1-55750-263-3.
- Hisashi Noma "history of Pacific War Mitsui O.S.K. Lines wartime ship Hisashi Noma (private press edition) that a merchant ship talks" about, 2004.
- Kanji Hayashi (listing), it is "prewar days ship" 104th, prewar days ship meeting for the study, 2004 ship meeting for the study (document offer) "special vessels original ledger / Japanese Navy commandeering shipping register" before the war.
- Stern, Robert C. (2006). Gato-Class Submarines in action(Warships Number 28). Carrollton, Texas: Squadron/Signal Publications. ISBN 0-89747-509-7.
This article is taken from the Japanese Wikipedia Mingo (submarine)
This article is distributed by cc-by-sa or GFDL license in accordance with the provisions of Wikipedia.
In addition, Tranpedia is simply not responsible for any show is only by translating the writings of foreign licenses that are compatible with CC-BY-SA license information.