I convert it into a signal from a signal, and I obtain the information of the form that is different from the signal, and (recognition or understanding, e.g., to get けや linkage, inferential information for a category) is not included basically. The compression is not often included, too. But recognition and understanding, the conversion of the signal as the pre-stage of the compression are called signal processing it. Therefore signal processing it is very important for those techniques, and connection is strong. In addition, I am called the filtering by (when, e.g., input and the output are the same sound pressure together) again when input and the output are the signals of the same kind (physical quantity).
As an example of signal processing it, perform frequency analysis at a prediction, time to estimate noise reduction to estimate an original signal from the signal which appeared of the noise and a time former value; orthogonally convert it, and there are filters getting only characteristic extraction to get the characteristic of the signal, a specific frequency ingredient.
There is algorithm such as fast Fourier transform, wavelet transform, the folding in, and handled it with hardware for exclusive use of each before, but in late years process it by software with DSP and general-purpose hardware; and by FPGA can reconstitute it, and a method to process is developed by computing.
- Sound technology： Digital recording, editing, music CD making, sound file compression, sound recognition including the MP3
- Image processing： Picture file compression such as a digital camera, digital video, image editing, image recognition, the JPEG
- Sound processing： Voice synthesis、Sound recognition、Sound encodingなど
- Animation processing： The animation file compression that is used in MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4
- A medical technology: Tomogram, sonography, brain waves such as X-rays CT or the MRI, magnetoencephalographic analysis
- Communication： Mobile communication, radar technology, antenna technology, coding
- Astronomy： Signal analysis of various telescopes
This article is taken from the Japanese Wikipedia Signal process
This article is distributed by cc-by-sa or GFDL license in accordance with the provisions of Wikipedia.
In addition, Tranpedia is simply not responsible for any show is only by translating the writings of foreign licenses that are compatible with CC-BY-SA license information.