Dead heat of the merry-go-round
|Dead heat of the merry-go-round|
|Issue date||1985October 9|
|Origin of publication||Kodansha|
|Wiki portal literature|
Table of contents
In October, 1985, it was published from Kodansha. The picture of the cover is Shigeo Okamoto. I became a library as Kodansha library in October, 1988, and the revised edition of the pocket edition was given in October, 2004.
A thing published serially from October, 1983 issue of literary arts PR magazine "IN ★ POCKET" of Kodansha (the first issue) to December, 1984 issue bimonthly causes it. But "the consideration about the consumption in the windowpane of BMW-shaped pure meaning" of the August, 1984 issue publication was not recorded in this book. "Firstly of merry-go-round two parts of dead heat" and "the radar Ho then" are newly written.
When a charge editor when "I listened to a song of the wind" and took で group new face literary prize moved to editing of "IN ★ POCKET" from "a group", I received a request of the writing, and serialization began .
Among nine collected works, as for three parts of "the hunting knife", it is translated "radar Ho then" into English "vomiting 1979". I can read them with a collection of two short stories of "The Elephant Vanishes" (クノップフ company, 1993) and "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman" (クノップフ company, 2006) now.
|Title||The first to go out||English translation|
|1||Firstly it is the dead heat of the merry-go-round||Newly written work|
|2||Radar Ho then||Newly written work||Lederhosen |
(Granta. February, 1992)
|3||Man in a taxi||"IN ★ POCKET" February, 1984 issue|
|4||The poolside||"IN ★ POCKET" October, 1983 issue|
|5||Late princess のための||"IN ★ POCKET" April, 1984 issue|
|6||Vomiting 1979||"IN ★ POCKET" October, 1984 issue||Nausea 1979 |
(『Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman』, 2006)
|7||Shelter||"IN ★ POCKET" December, 1983 issue|
|8||Baseball field||"IN ★ POCKET" June, 1984 issue|
|9||Hunting knife||"IN ★ POCKET" December, 1984 issue||Hunting Knife |
(in The New Yorker. November 17 2003)
2. As for "the radar Ho then," work to translate the English translation sentence that Murakami was cut for reason into Japanese again again was performed later. And, as for "the radar Ho then of the secondhand translation version," it was collected "extinction short piece selection 1980-1991 of the elephant" (Shinchosha, March, 2005) in CD book "Haruki Murakami ハイブ Ritt" (ALC, November, 2008).
8. Murakami made the novel which one of the characters of "the baseball field" wrote a work with the title called "a crab" later. As for "the crab," translation was given to the world earlier. I was placed in the "Stories Magagine" April, 2003 issue. The first to go out in Japanese sketchbook "blind willow and idle woman TWENTY-FOUR STORIES" (Shinchosha, November, 2009).
9. As for "the hunting knife," Murakami performed a large rewrite on the occasion of English translation. Thus, it is greatly different that the thing recorded in "blind willow and idle woman TWENTY-FOUR STORIES" was put in this book.
- The original title of American film "Operation cash" (1966) of the ^ James Coburn lead was "Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round" that is "dead heat of the merry-go-rounds".
- "Firstly the dead heat of the merry-go-round" has the following descriptions ^. "We seem to develop fierce dead heat for a virtual enemy on such a merry-go-round" (this book, Kodansha library, 15 pages)
- I wait for ^, and there are the following descriptions in "the world end and hard-boiled Wonderland". "I virtually do dead heat on the horse of the Mary go round, and it outruns nobody at all, and nobody can blunder and arrives only at the same place" (ibidem, second volume, new tide library, former edition, 279 pages)
- ^ "Haruki Murakami all work 1979-1989" Vol. 5, appendixes than "talk about own work".
- Extinction short piece selection 1980-1991 of the elephant
- Blind willow and idle woman TWENTY-FOUR STORIES
- Crab (short story of Haruki Murakami)
This article is distributed by cc-by-sa or GFDL license in accordance with the provisions of Wikipedia.
In addition, Tranpedia is simply not responsible for any show is only by translating the writings of foreign licenses that are compatible with CC-BY-SA license information.