Black fin (submarine)
|The start of work||1943June 10|
|The launching||1944March 12|
|Placement on duty||1944July 4 |
|Military retirement||1948November 19 |
|Afterwards||I sink in the sea on May 13, 1973 and dispose|
|Removal from a register||1972September 15|
|Displacement||1,526 tons (the water) |
2,424 tons (in the water)
|Full length||311 ft 9 in (95.0m)|
|Overall width||27 ft 3 in (8.3m)|
|Draft||16 ft 10 in (5.1m)|
|Engine||General Motors |
Four Model 16 V16 diesel engines
Two General Electric generators
|最大速||The water: 20.25 knots (37km/h) |
The water: 8.75 knots (16km/h)
|Flying range||11,000 nautical miles (10 knots time) |
(at 19km/h time 20,000km)
|Examination depth||400ft (120m)|
|Cruise period||It is patrol activity 75 days for 48 hours at submarine voyage 2 knots (3.7km/h) time|
|Crew||Six officers, strength of an army 60|
|兵装||Two 5 inches guns, 40 millimeters of cannons, 20 millimeters of machine guns (June 25, 1946)  |
21 inches of torpedo tube 10 gates
The black fin (USS Blackfin, SS-322) is a submarine of U.S. Navy. One ship of the バラオ grade submarine. The name of a warship means "the fish of the black fin" vaguely and is the modifier of a great variety of fish. I describe the American official document with "a food fish inhabiting the Five Lakes" and suggest that black fin cisco of the salmon department blackfin genus are origins. They become after the war, and the black fin cisco of Five Lakes are said to have become extinct.
Table of contents
The black fin started work in electric boat company of Connecticut Groton on June 10, 1943. I name it it by Mrs. Charles A Rockwood (wife of the Major General Rockwood) on March 12, 1944 and am launched, and a conduct bottom of the Major captain George H rye ard youth (Annapolis 1933 tuple) is placed on duty on July 4. I arrived at Pearl Harbor afterwards on September 11.
It is first and it for second patrol from September, 1944 to February, 1945
On September 30, the black fin went to the South China Sea by the first patrol. I entered 後哨区 by way of Saipan. On November 1, the black fin discovers the M246 fleet which left for Manila in cod perception at a southwestern 60 kilos point of the Mt. Mindoro island northwest edge カラビテ of 120.200. The black fin attacks this with a sister ship lei (USS Ray, SS-271). I attacked and sank two ships of the twelfth sea of clouds-maru (Nakamura Kisen, 2,745 tons) and Karo phosphorus-maru (Nanbo steamship, 320 tons) following Ray having attacked and sunk tanker seventh Horai circle (Horai tanker, 834 tons) . On December 4, the black fin finishes a 60-day action; and to Freemantle 帰投 . The captain took place of William L キッチ (Annapolis 1938 tuple).
January 2, 1945 , the black fin went to the South China Sea by the second patrol. On January 24, the black fin discovers ヒ 87 fleet off Malay Peninsula east bank クアンタン of 103.800 and attacks this with sister ship ベスゴ (USS Besugo, SS-321). At 7:04 a.m., the black fin fires a torpedo for destroyer autumn shower. One torpedo hit the port side rear of the autumn shower, and the autumn shower sank instantly large slant, ten minutes later. In addition, ベズゴ overthrew the tanker さらわく-maru (Mitsubishi steamship, 5,135 tons) one hour later. On February 15, the black fin finishes a 45-day action and wants to do 帰投 in Subic Bay .
I it for third, fourth, the fifth patrol from March, 1945 to February, 1945
March 6 , the black fin went to the South China Sea by the third patrol. On March 28, the black fin discovered the ヒ 88J fleet of the Operation south last fleet in the Gulf of Indochina ナトラン north of 109.467 . When a black fin discovered a fleet, an attack by the B-24 was carried out earlier, and the black fin waited for an attack opportunity. A 26th coastal defense ship discovered the periscope of the black fin and performed a depth bomb attack then. The depth bomb exploded at the visual angle of the black fin, and four torpedoes caused malfunction by the shock. In addition, instrument instrumentation and the main machine caught the damage, too, and the inundation took place in some divisions. The degree of the damage was big, and the black fin canceled patrol . On April 9, the black fin finishes a 36-day action and wants to do 帰投 for Freemantle .
May 8 , the black fin went to the South China Sea and Gulf of Thailand area by the fourth patrol. However, most of the Japanese main vessels disappeared at this time and were not able to raise military gains by this patrol. I called at a port of Subic Bay on May 21 and departed after having maintained it with supply . I call at a port of Saipan on June 9 . On June 20, the black fin finishes a 31-day action and wants to do 帰投 in Pearl Harbor .
July 17 , the black fin went to the East China Sea and the Yellow Sea by the fifth patrol. At this time when war was reaching the end, I was not able to nominate military gains even for this patrol. The black fin engaged in a help duty, and the black fin destroyed 61 drifting mine after having greeted the end of the war during patrol . On September 5, the black fin finished a 37-day action and did 帰投 at port of Guam APRA.
After having filled up with gas it with repair at port of APRA, the black fin joined the first submarine squadron in the ground toward San Diego. The black fin got a duty in the Pacific afterwards until July, 1948. Most of the duties were performed in Hawaii and Mariana Islands. I participate in a military manoeuvre in the Arctic Circle over July from June, 1946. The black fin enters the メア island navy shipyard for inactivation in July, 1948 and becomes the reserve duty on November 19. As for the black fin, GUPPY repair was carried out from November, 1950 and was placed on duty again on May 15, 1951. I am active after re-placement on duty based in San Diego with a United States Pacific Fleet submarine corps and become the transfer of a census register to Pearl Harbor on March 8, 1954. The black fin performed 2 degrees Far East cruises from January, 1955 to June between this deployment in June, 1952 from December, 1951 and performed the training at the coast and patrol training again. The black fin retired on September 15, 1972 and was removed from a register on the same day. I was used as target ship after removal from a register and I sank in the sea off San Diego in "SubSinkEx Project Thurber" on May 13, 1973 and was disposed.
The black fin was presented with three war stars in meritorious services in war of World War II. In addition, the total of the sinking tonnage was 4,325 tons.
- ^ Wiper, 57 pages
- ^ The Official Chronology of the U.S. Navy in World War II。 In Roscoe, the Karo phosphorus-maru sinking is not counted
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.20
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.44
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.60
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.83
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.92
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.89
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.91
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.110
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.113,114
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.115
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.116
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.127
- ^ "SS-322, USS BLACKFIN" p.145,146,147,148
- SS-322, USS BLACKFIN (issuu beta release)
- Destroyer autumn shower "destroyer autumn shower detailed report of a fight January 24, 1945 "グレートレダン" island offing antisubmarine battle" encodes Asian history document center reference (from June 1, 19 to January 24, 1945 27th expulsion corps wartime diary detailed report of a fight (6) of the Showa era): C08030148700
- Theodore Roscoe "United States Submarine Operetions in World War II" Naval Institute press, ISBN 0-87021-731-3
- It is ISBN 978-4-425-30336-6 in /2007 year in association of association of sea labor "history of recreation Japan merchant fleet wartime accident" sea labor / Nariyama temple bookstore Foundation Foundation, 1962
- Clay Blair,Jr. For "Silent Victory The U.S.Submarine War Against Japan "Lippincott, 1,975 years, it is ISBN 0-397-00753-1
- Coastal defense ship honoring society "coastal defense ship account of war" coastal defense ship honoring society / original bookshop, 1982
- For Shinshichiro Komamiya "history of wartime transportation fleet" publication cooperation company, 1,987 years, it is ISBN 4-87970-047-9
- For Shigero Kimata "enemy submarine attack" Sono Asahi llama, 1,989 years, it is ISBN 4-257-17218-5
- In Tomoyuki Morita "description of 25-year-old captain sea fight destroyer "Tianjin wind" war collar light person Corporation NF library to write", 2004, it is ISBN 4-7698-2438-6
- Steve Wiper "Gato Type Fleet Submarines(Warships Pictorial #28) "Classic Warships Publishing. For 2,006 years, it is ISBN 0-9745687-7-5
This article is taken from the Japanese Wikipedia Black fin (submarine)
This article is distributed by cc-by-sa or GFDL license in accordance with the provisions of Wikipedia.
In addition, Tranpedia is simply not responsible for any show is only by translating the writings of foreign licenses that are compatible with CC-BY-SA license information.