It is the sandy beach where Shirahama (しららはま) is located at the Gulf of Namariyama coast of Shirahama-cho, Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama. I am known in white beach and Shirahama Onsen consisting of the sand of the quartz. It is friendship sisters Beach of Hawaii Waikiki Beach (Goodwill Beach City Relationship).
Table of contents
Sand of Shirahama was mined as raw materials of the glass, and it was progressed in Osaka over the Taisho era by Meiji, but was not mined for a change and the scenery protection of the glass manufacturing method afterwards.
It is Kinki district outstanding beach, and current Shirahama is full of swimmers to come sightseeing in from the Keihanshin district area mainly in the summer. In an average year, sea difference is performed on May 3, but this is the earliest in Honshu.
The visitor more than 600,000 comes in a summer sea bathing season. Twice of July 30 and August 10, Shirahama fireworks Festival are carried out, and the fireworks of 2,000 are launched in one hour from 8:00 p.m., and I hang it on August 29 from July 21, and message fireworks are launched every year. In addition, countdown fireworks are performed from 10:30 p.m. on December 31, and various events are carried out through the year. "Do not tell it" performs business (as for the winter season as footbathing) of a mixed bathing outdoor bath of the swimsuit wearing that attracted the source from former hot water のひとつであるまぶ hot water through the year, and 1 million visit here when excellent hot water, outdoor baths such as hot water of 崎 put the year through a lot of tourists who many, visit the neighborhood in the winter season. In addition, the place name called nearby Shirahama comes from Shirahama.
The signing ceremony that linked the friendship sisters Beach (Goodwill Beach City Relationship) tie-up with Waikiki Beach in United States of America Hawaii Oahu Honolulu City on July 20, 2000 was carried out. I am chosen in 100 selections of Japanese Nagisa in 100 selections of excellent bath ground by Ministry of the Environment, 1996 in others, 2006.
I it about an outflow of the sand
The sand of the sandy beach began to flow by a wave, but a sandy beach came to get thinner remarkably from the latter period of the Showa because supply of the sand from the rear ground was cut off by the development around the beach. I started 養浜事業 where Wakayama cast Australian sand into from 1989 to revive the beach. Very beautiful white sand is kept now as a result that approximately 74,500m3 was spent by 2005. However, I build the dike (潜堤) by a stone and a block underwater, and various construction such as weakening the force of the wave, and preventing an outflow of the sand is performed at the same time, but outflow in itself of the sand does not stop.
The reason spending sand from Australia is because white sand was not found as sand of original Shirahama near. (there was the plan to unload the sand of the bottom of the sea of the Shirahama offing, and to revive the beach, but the sand of the bottom of the sea turned black and gave it up because I could not maintain the white beach)
The quartz itself which is an ingredient of the sand included in the granite it is extremely natural, but it is not to such white sand for metal to accompany. Such innocence seems to be realized only after it is sand exposed to for a long stretch of time on the dune in the continent including Australia. Then there are various opinions, and [the source required] does not become clear how the sand of Shirahama of the material deposited here.
- Shirahama-cho that felt uneasy about the contamination of the sandy beach by the littering enforces the regulations that smoking and littering such as the garbage are prohibited in Shirahama-cho Shirahama on July 1, 2008, and smoking is prohibited in the whole area in the sandy beach.
- Nanki Shirahama Onsen (a public bath, the source, large hotels form a line in the south side of the beach if along Shirahama)
- Kumano god deified in three shrines in Kumano district Shrine (next to the north end of the beach)
- Shirahama energy land (the adjacency)
- Shirahama underwater sail (from the south end of the beach a 5-minute walk)
- Shirahama Onsen park (from the south end of the beach a 5-minute walk)
- Flat grassy plain Park (from the south end of the beach a 5-minute walk)
- Honkaku-ji Temple (from the north end of the beach a 5-minute walk)
- Resonance hole island (to the neighborhood of the island that can overlook the island at a place of a 3-minute walk from the north end of the beach in a 25-minute walk)
- Senjojiki (from the south end of the beach a 22-minute walk)
- Three steps of walls, three steps of wall caves (from the south end of the beach a 30-minute walk)
- Kyoto University Shirahama aquarium (from the north end of the beach a 25-minute walk)
- The Kumagusu Minakata Memorial (from the north end of the beach a 30-minute walk)
- South period Shirahama adventure world
- Shinjo multi-purpose park・Tanabe City art museum・Wakayama Prefectural information interchange center Big, U(by bus 20 minutes)
- Rizo Takeuchi "Tsunogawa Japan place name Dictionary 30 Wakayama" Kadokawa Shoten, 1985
- Keiichiro Yamaguchi "figure magazine outline Kinki I Asakura Bookstore of Japan", 1986
- Shirahama Tourism Association "resort south period Shirahama of the sea and the hot spring"
This article is taken from the Japanese Wikipedia Shirahama
This article is distributed by cc-by-sa or GFDL license in accordance with the provisions of Wikipedia.
In addition, Tranpedia is simply not responsible for any show is only by translating the writings of foreign licenses that are compatible with CC-BY-SA license information.